Tuesday, April 10, 2007

John's weak point...


Did you ever realize that Bollywood’s heartthrob John ever had a week point while being in Bollywood for all these years? Well even if you don’t agree with me it is a fact! John had a feeble command on Hindi and was therefore dubbed by professional artists. “I admit it was one of the areas that I needed to work doubly hard on. I’ve been consistently working on it. But Baabul truly made me confident of the way I speak my dialogues. First of all, the words were all in pure Hindi. Achala Nagar’s dialogues were a bit complex for all of us, except of course Mr Bachchan,” said John. “I had two options open in front of me. Either I asked the words to be simplified. Or I worked on the language. I opted for the latter. And believe me, if the impact of a role can be gauged by the spoken word, then Baabul is the most influential film of my life. It has changed my thought process. Now I’m actually able to think in Hindi,” he said. And the end result is that producers are actually willing to let John speak for his own voice on the silver screen after ‘Baabul’.

No comments: