Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Life is being good to me:John


John Abraham who is a trained footballer and is a member of the Bombay District Football Association is having a great time on Vivek Agnihotri’s Goal. “I used to play A-division soccer in college. I was heavily into sports before I joined films, and Goal takes me back to those days. I’m having a ball,” says John. Once John returns from London, he goes straight into shooting for Nagesh Kukunoor’s next, Aashaayen. “We were supposed to start in June, but now we’ll go straight into that in May once I return. Then I’m doing Vikram Motwane’s film with Vidya Balan and there’s also Imtiaz Ali’s Rockstar,” he asks. According to John he really doesn’t think too hard about his selection of films. “At the end of the day I just want to entertain. Whether it’s Goal or No Smoking, they’re all entertaining films with a message,” he says. “Life is being good to me. My last two films Baabul and Salaam-e-Ishq didn’t do too well in India, but Baabul was a big hit overseas. I refuse to see Kabul Express as a loser. It was made within a budget and was definitely a plus film. It did incredible business in Mumbai. I’d rather see my glass half full than half empty,” says John. Remind him that he isn’t doing any full-on commercial film, and John protests, “Arre, Goal is the best commercial script I’ve ever done. It’s a complete masala flick and you can quote me on that. Every member of the audience will enjoy it.”

No comments: